BUILTHUB aims to develop a structured and inclusive reliable data collection approach on the EU building stock, as well as an easy to access & use datahub, in the shape of a structured web-based platform. This approach has the ultimate goal of taking advantage of the potential positive disruptive effect on the ability of the EC to design effective policies targeting buildings in view of the 2050 strategy and the European Green Deal.
The web-based platform will be fed into thanks to a benefits-based engagement strategy targeted to data and etadata providers, as well as simple users. This engagement strategy will be implemented by developing added value information services tailored to lead-users of the platform and other main beneficiaries (end-users).
- Establish a robust, contonuous and durable flow of reliable building data at EU level.
- Enable an accurate understanding of the European Building stock´s trends and drivers to guide the development of tailor-made technological and innovation and policies.
- Develop a platform with a user-friendly dashboard and a powerful and secure processor for data analytics.
- Compilation of figures representing the EU building stock and indicators, data organization and structure and data visualization and presentation in the platform.
- BUILTHUB platform architecture and system model, engineering and responsible for licensing and access issues.
- Stakeholders mapping and quality testing.
- Roadmap for data collection.
Roadmap for durable and sustainable EU building stock data flow and processing, inlcuding:
- Web-based building stock observatory including data repository and information platform.
- Robust client-centric business approach, inlcuding mid-term strategy for the web-based platform.
- Framework to produce periodical report on EU building stock progress towards decarbonization.
Total Budget: 2.2M €
CE Contribution: 2.2M €
Duration: October 2020 – September 2024
Energy Policy Projects:
Development of a simulation tool to support decision-making and the design of public policies aiming to achieve a balanced and sustainable demographics, socieconomic and environmental development in areas affected by depopulation.
Development of a cross-sectoral decision-making platform to foster climate action, focusing on climate mitigation and adaptation.
The main objective of RENERMap is to achieve a detailed analysis of the renewable potential available at local level, including both roofs and municipality land, to respond to the demand of energy that it generates, and to help to achieve the development of self-sufficient energy municipalities.
Hydro4U demonstrates innovative and sustainable hydropower solutions targeting unexplored small-scale hydropower (SHP) potential in Central Asia (CA). The project will consider future climate change and transboundary challenges and will integrate them into the Water/Food/Energy/Climate nexus.
Extremadura Strategy for Adaptation to Climate Change 2021 – 2030 aims to analyse the influence of climate change on the Autonomous Community of Extremadura , identifying impacts, risks and climate vulnerabilities on the main strategic sectors of the region.
ePARCERO project will develop an automated prototype that allows the identification of cadastral parcels without current use in demonstrators located in relevant areas of Castilla y León, taking into account the different conditions that may affect each parcel.
EACC Val project aims to analyze the influence of climate change on the municipality of Valladolid, identifying climate risks and vulnerabilities and proposing actions that affect its future climate adptation.
LOCOMOTION will design a set of IAMs that will provide politicians and other stakeholders with assessment tools to analyze the feasibility, effectiveness and costs of the different sustainability policies and strategies.
The aim of the ELISE action is to promote a coherent and consistent approach to the sharing and reuse of location data across borders and sectors.
The CCliMAP project has the general objective of providing resources and instruments to aid decision-making for the reduction of greenhouse gases
The main objective is the development of advanced methods for energy planning at different scales (building to region), that support the development of tools. It will offer a working basis to those entities responsible of the generation, deployment and evaluation of energy actions aimed at the compliance with the energy efficiency objectives 2020–2050