Development of a cross-sectoral decision-making platform to foster climate action, focusing on climate mitigation and adaptation solutions related to land use. It will put citizens and decision-makers at the heart of climate change action through participatory processes.
RethinkAction will increase awareness of climate change and its impacts, and it will demonstrate how to create changes through the evaluation with simulation models of practical land use-based solutions at different scales including lifestyle changes. The methodology will be deployed in six representative case studies in Spain, France, Italy, Hungary, Portugal and Sweden, covering the main regional differences related to climate change.
- Understanding how lifestyles changes affect land use and create end-users community.
- Deliver high-resolution climate impact data and land use maps.
- Develop a land use-based adaptation and mitigation solutions catalogue at local, EU and global scales.
- Develop a modelling framework for the assessment of solutions over time.
- Develop the RethinkAction Integrated Assessment Platform and demonstrate it in 6 case studies.
- Deploy an exploitation strategy and open promotion of the results.
- Establishing the stakeholders´ network: End-users community.
- Identification and characterisation of adaptation and mitigation solutions/policies.
- Design and development of the databases, the scenarios, and the dynamic integrated models.
- Design and development of the RethinkAction platform.
- Testing and validating the services in the six case studies, including uncertainty quantification, robustness and quality assurance of models results.
- Engagement of the End-users Community.
- High resolution climate data and land use maps. Climate change impacts and risk in each case study.
- Land use-based Adaptation and Mitigation Solutions catalogue at local, EU and global scales.
- Local dynamic models. An upscaling function for solutions to EU and global scales (WILIAM IAM).
- RethinkAction Integrated Assessment Platform with policy recommendations.
- Demonstration and replication strategy, and promotion of results.
Project Presentation video
Grant Agreement Nº 101037104
Total Budget: 4,999,817.50€
Duration: 10/2021 – 09/2025
Energy and Climate Policy projects:
The main objective of Ecoesion_tool project is the implementation of a web-based, easy-to-use and user-friendly tool based on the Ecoesion model developed by the University of PISA (UNIPI)
NEVERMORE will support excellence in climate research overcoming the current approach in evaluating climate change impacts and risks across sectors and adaptation and mitigation policies and measures.
The aim of the project is the preparation and elaboration in the framework of the Deal of Majors for the Climate and Energy, of the Plan of Action for the Climate and Energy Sustainable of the municipality of Logroño.
Development of a simulation tool to support decision-making and the design of public policies aiming to achieve a balanced and sustainable demographics, socieconomic and environmental development in areas affected by depopulation.
The main objective of RENERMap is to achieve a detailed analysis of the renewable potential available at local level, including both roofs and municipality land, to respond to the demand of energy that it generates, and to help to achieve the development of self-sufficient energy municipalities.
Extremadura Strategy for Adaptation to Climate Change 2021 – 2030 aims to analyse the influence of climate change on the Autonomous Community of Extremadura , identifying impacts, risks and climate vulnerabilities on the main strategic sectors of the region.
ePARCERO project will develop an automated prototype that allows the identification of cadastral parcels without current use in demonstrators located in relevant areas of Castilla y León, taking into account the different conditions that may affect each parcel.
BUILTHUB aims to develop a strctured and inclusive reliable data collection approach on the EU building stock, as well as an easy to access & use datahub, in the shape of a strctured web-based platform.
EACC Val project aims to analyze the influence of climate change on the municipality of Valladolid, identifying climate risks and vulnerabilities and proposing actions that affect its future climate adptation.
LOCOMOTION will design a set of IAMs that will provide politicians and other stakeholders with assessment tools to analyze the feasibility, effectiveness and costs of the different sustainability policies and strategies.
The aim of the ELISE action is to promote a coherent and consistent approach to the sharing and reuse of location data across borders and sectors.
The CCliMAP project has the general objective of providing resources and instruments to aid decision-making for the reduction of greenhouse gases
The main objective is the development of advanced methods for energy planning at different scales (building to region), that support the development of tools. It will offer a working basis to those entities responsible of the generation, deployment and evaluation of energy actions aimed at the compliance with the energy efficiency objectives 2020–2050