CCliMAP project (Climate Change: Mitigation and Adaptation from Planning), has as its main objective to provide resources and instruments to help decision-making for the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from urban land planning, strengthening the response capacity of populations to Climate Change and its impacts. These instruments will allow to evaluate/certified through GHG indicators the impact and adaptation to the climate change of urban planning plans and actions.
CCliMAP consists of the VERSUS (Viewer of the Emissions of the Land Resource and its Uses) and TEMPUS (Technology for the Evaluation of Emissions from Land Use Planning) modules.
- Develop and implement algorithms for rapid calculation of indicators.
- Calculate GHG emissions from current land uses to measure the carbon balance of a municipality (VERSUS).
- Determine the incidence of a Plan on the carbon balance of a municipality to know its climate impact, using GIS tools and functions (TEMPUS).
- Development of a web viewing platform to show VERSUS and TEMPUS results.
- Identification of indicators, sources of information and classification of land uses and categories according to CO2 absorptions / emissions.
- Definition of requirements and design of the viewing platform.
- Development, design and implementation of the extraction, processing and storage module and of the VERSUS and TEMPUS modules.
- Deployment and validation of the CCliMAP viewing platform.
A tool for the calculation of CO2 emissions and removals from land use of a municipality (VERSUS) and analyse how the final balance of CO2 changes, taking into account the land use change of the current planning (TEMPUS).
A visualization platform to show VERSUS and TEMPUS results.
BOCYL nº 135, de 14 de julio de 2016
Overall budget: 149.071,00 €
Contribution: 64.693 €
Period: 02/2018 – 12/2019
Sonia Álvarez Díaz
Division of Energies