CCliMAP project (Climate Change: Mitigation and Adaptation from Planning), has as its main objective to provide resources and instruments to help decision-making for the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from urban land planning, strengthening the response capacity of populations to Climate Change and its impacts. These instruments will allow to evaluate/certified through GHG indicators the impact and adaptation to the climate change of urban planning plans and actions.
CCliMAP consists of the VERSUS (Viewer of the Emissions of the Land Resource and its Uses) and TEMPUS (Technology for the Evaluation of Emissions from Land Use Planning) modules.
- Develop and implement algorithms for rapid calculation of indicators.
- Calculate GHG emissions from current land uses to measure the carbon balance of a municipality (VERSUS).
- Determine the incidence of a Plan on the carbon balance of a municipality to know its climate impact, using GIS tools and functions (TEMPUS).
- Development of a web viewing platform to show VERSUS and TEMPUS results.
- Identification of indicators, sources of information and classification of land uses and categories according to CO2 absorptions / emissions.
- Definition of requirements and design of the viewing platform.
- Development, design and implementation of the extraction, processing and storage module and of the VERSUS and TEMPUS modules.
- Deployment and validation of the CCliMAP viewing platform.
- A tool for the calculation of CO2 emissions and removals from land use of a municipality (VERSUS) and analyse how the final balance of CO2 changes, taking into account the land use change of the current planning (TEMPUS).
- A visualization platform to show VERSUS and TEMPUS results.
Energy policy projects:
Hydro4U demonstrates innovative and sustainable hydropower solutions targeting unexplored small-scale hydropower (SHP) potential in Central Asia (CA). The project will consider future climate change and transboundary challenges and will integrate them into the Water/Food/Energy/Climate nexus.
Extremadura Strategy for Adaptation to Climate Change 2021 – 2030 aims to analyse the influence of climate change on the Autonomous Community of Extremadura , identifying impacts, risks and climate vulnerabilities on the main strategic sectors of the region.
ePARCERO project will develop an automated prototype that allows the identification of cadastral parcels without current use in demonstrators located in relevant areas of Castilla y León, taking into account the different conditions that may affect each parcel.
BUILTHUB aims to develop a strctured and inclusive reliable data collection approach on the EU building stock, as well as an easy to access & use datahub, in the shape of a strctured web-based platform.
EACC Val project aims to analyze the influence of climate change on the municipality of Valladolid, identifying climate risks and vulnerabilities and proposing actions that affect its future climate adptation.
LOCOMOTION will design a set of IAMs that will provide politicians and other stakeholders with assessment tools to analyze the feasibility, effectiveness and costs of the different sustainability policies and strategies.
The aim of the ELISE action is to promote a coherent and consistent approach to the sharing and reuse of location data across borders and sectors.
The main objective is the development of advanced methods for energy planning at different scales (building to region), that support the development of tools. It will offer a working basis to those entities responsible of the generation, deployment and evaluation of energy actions aimed at the compliance with the energy efficiency objectives 2020–2050