PhotonHub Europe is the unique european Hub (DIH) in photonic that integrates the best technologies, facilities and knowledge in photonic as well as the experience of 53 partners of all Europe. The result is the creation of a unique window that offers a huge variety of support resources to industry for the acceleration of the integration of photonic in its products and processes.
These services and resources are mainly oriented to “non-photonic” SMEs and to min-caps that starts in these technologies. Some of these services are the remote and face-to-face training, the development of innovation projects, financial and intelectual property advice and support in finding investors.
- Raise awareness to companies of the importance of photonic and provide orientation and acces to different resources trough a unique window.
- Increase the knowledge and habilities in photonic of the european industry staff.
- To accelerate the adoption and deployment of photonic by SMEs.
- To support companies in the research of investors for scaling up their business.
- Training and improving the habilities in a remote and face-to-face way in centres of all Europe.
- Development of innovation projects (TRL 3-8) under the premise of “Test before invest”.
- Financial and intellectual property assessment.
- Support for the research of financial sources both private and regional aids.
- Realization of 408 online courses of photonic initiation and 380 face-to-face courses specialized in some of the braches of photonics (catalogue of 50 courses).
- Execution of 255 innovation projects TRL 3-8 prior analysis of more than 1000 proposals.
- Participation in 16 international festivals, as well as in 98 brokerage events.
- Implementation and promotion of a platform for the creation of digital community focused on the photonic promotion.
- Development of financial and intelectual protection assessment activities as well as co-funding organziation events.
Project video presentation:
Total Budget: 19,563,138.75€
Duration: 01/01/21 – 30/04/25
“The client receives financing from the Horizon Europe 2020 programme under grant agreement number 101016665.
Industrial and Digital Systems Division
4.0 Industry projects:
The ARISE project envisions a near future which aligns with Industry 5.0, prioritising, resilient, sustainable and human-centric work environments. In such a future, companies recognise that investing in industrial human-robot interaction (HRI) is essential for achieving better short- and long-term goals, rather than a cost.
PREDICTIVOdB seeks to develop an innovative solution for the maintenance of wind farms that is quick to implement and has low energy and economic requirements.
INTELIFER consists of the optimisation of the process and products of a granulated NPK fertiliser manufacturing line with the support of Artificial Intelligence.
The overall objective of s-X-AIPI (self-X Artificial Intelligence for European Process Indsutry digital transformation) is to research, develop, test and experiment an innovative toolset of custom trustworthy self-X AI technologies and applications.
AI REGIO project aims at supporting AI-driven Digital Transformation of European Manufacturing SMEs, by up-scaling and coordinating different regional smart specialization strategies, by integrating DMPs and DIHs.
Transforming Transport project demonstrated, in a realistic, measurable an replicable wway the transformations that Big Data can bring to the mobility and logistics market. TT adress 13 pilots in 7 domains.
AI4EU project aims to make available to users resources based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) that facilitate scientific research and innovation.
Lashare conducted 28 Laser-based Equipment Assessments (LEA-Laser-based Equipment Assessments) addressing a broad range of laser applications.
Smart Factory project has addressed industrial research and technological validation of advanced data and information management systems for manufacturing industries in Castilla y León.
DISRUPTIVE is a cross-border cooperation project which strives to promote and strengthen the collaboration, exchange and scientific production of the Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) located in Castilla y León and in the North of Portugal.
SIMAFE project, whose objective is the development of a training and training platform for railway maintenance personnel, based on advanced HMI techniques, electronic training…
The 3DCONS Project (New Construction Processes by means of 3D Printing) focuses on 3D printing technologies in the construction industry and covers several areas: robotics, the search for new materials, process automation, the technological drive of building and the development of design tools based on Building Information Modelling (BIM).
The SHERIFF Project (Hybrid and Economic System of Flexible Integral Facade Rehabilitation) new tools for the energy rehabilitation of buildings.
The CIBIC project arises with the objective of improving the services provided by the companies of conservation of infrastructures, based on the application of new technologies to carry out the concept of intelligent systems that will help to improve the quality and the innovation of these services.