The ARISE project envisions a near future which aligns with Industry 5.0, prioritising, resilient, sustainable and human-centric work environments. In such a future, companies recognise that investing in industrial human-robot interaction (HRI) is essential for achieving better short- and long-term goals, rather than a cost. Industrial HRI establishes its position as a game-changing asset that enables seamless collaboration between humans and robots on complex tasks, allowing them to work together. On its way to materialise a such vision, the ARISE project will: i) address major application challenges from today´s industry, ii) develop human-centric solutions, tools and software modules which expand the state-of-the-art in industrial HRI, and iii) deploy industrial HRI at scale in four testing and experimentation facilities and more than 20 workplaces across Europe thanks to a funding support to third parties (FSTP) scheme.
- To empower the European industry, especially the AI, data and robotics ecosystem, with a robust, real-time enabled open-source middleware for industrial robotic applications.
- Development of a Human-centric framework and methodology for the convenient design, development and assessment of trustworthy industrial HRI.
- Development, deployment and maintenance of best-in-class industrial HRI use cases in four project´s Testing and Experimentation Facilities.
- Deployment of industrial HRI at scale through flagship FSTP projects involving HRI suppliers (startups and SMEs) and end-user companies across Europe.
- Open library of reliable open-source based HRI modules and technology enablers.
- Project Management (administrative and finantial issues) and Coordination (including internal meetings, communication strategy and working environment).
- WP4 Leader: Responsible for the establishment, operation, and maintenance of testing and experimentation facilities, including the formalization of the TEF´s illustrative use cases for Agile HRI, the initial setup of the TEF, the validation of human-centric open technology enablers, the upgrades of the testing and experimentation facilities, and the provision of a starter kit for open, human-centric and agile HRI.
- WP5 Management: Support of the Open Calls (consultive process for challenges definition) and finantial management of the FSTPs.
- TEF1: Experimental robotic cell for complex product pick-up disassembly applications: an innovative environment to address 2 challenges, robotic collaboration inthe disassembly and assembly of high value products and the picking of complex products in industrial warehouses.
- Agile HRI Starters Kit: Detailed reports and demonstrators at TEF (3 releases) for knowledge exchange and skills development around the tech framework.
- Demonstrators/Datasets: Testing and experimental facilities to showcase illustrative use cases of HRI and reference implementations of framework.
- Development of assistance systems for collaborative robotics, such as AI modules for task management based on the physcal and mental load of the operator.
Total Budget: 9,984,510€
CARTIF Budget: 5,711,875€
CARTIF Financing: 511,875€
Duration: 01/01/2024 – 01/07/2027
Mireya de Diego Moro
Industrial and Digital Systems Division
Industry 4.0 projects:
PREDICTIVOdB seeks to develop an innovative solution for the maintenance of wind farms that is quick to implement and has low energy and economic requirements.
INTELIFER consists of the optimisation of the process and products of a granulated NPK fertiliser manufacturing line with the support of Artificial Intelligence.
The overall objective of s-X-AIPI (self-X Artificial Intelligence for European Process Indsutry digital transformation) is to research, develop, test and experiment an innovative toolset of custom trustworthy self-X AI technologies and applications.
PhotonHub Europe is the unique european Hub (DIH) in photonic that integrates the best technologies, facilities and knowledge in photonics as well as the experience of 53 partners of all Europe. The result is the creation of a unique window that offers a huge variety of support resources for industry to accelerate the integration of photonic in its products and processes.
AI REGIO project aims at supporting AI-driven Digital Transformation of European Manufacturing SMEs, by up-scaling and coordinating different regional smart specialization strategies, by integrating DMPs and DIHs.
Transforming Transport project demonstrated, in a realistic, measurable an replicable wway the transformations that Big Data can bring to the mobility and logistics market. TT adress 13 pilots in 7 domains.
AI4EU project aims to make available to users resources based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) that facilitate scientific research and innovation.
Lashare conducted 28 Laser-based Equipment Assessments (LEA-Laser-based Equipment Assessments) addressing a broad range of laser applications.
Smart Factory project has addressed industrial research and technological validation of advanced data and information management systems for manufacturing industries in Castilla y León.
DISRUPTIVE is a cross-border cooperation project which strives to promote and strengthen the collaboration, exchange and scientific production of the Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) located in Castilla y León and in the North of Portugal.
SIMAFE project, whose objective is the development of a training and training platform for railway maintenance personnel, based on advanced HMI techniques, electronic training…
The 3DCONS Project (New Construction Processes by means of 3D Printing) focuses on 3D printing technologies in the construction industry and covers several areas: robotics, the search for new materials, process automation, the technological drive of building and the development of design tools based on Building Information Modelling (BIM).
The SHERIFF Project (Hybrid and Economic System of Flexible Integral Facade Rehabilitation) new tools for the energy rehabilitation of buildings.
The CIBIC project arises with the objective of improving the services provided by the companies of conservation of infrastructures, based on the application of new technologies to carry out the concept of intelligent systems that will help to improve the quality and the innovation of these services.