The overall objective of s-X-AIPI (self-X Artificial Intelligence for European Process Indsutry digital transformation) is to research, develop, test and experiment an innovative toolset of custom trustworthy self-X AI technologies and applications.
CARTIF will coordinate the development of the project, in addition to being the leader of work packages WP1 “Coordination and Management” and WP5 “Self-X AI apps prototype demo, user training and performance improvement in process industry”. Moreover, CARTIF will be the technological provider within asphalt use case.
- Provide existing process indsutries and its workers state of the art AI-based sustainability tools.
- Longer useful life of AI apps, deployment more simplified interfaces, without requiring highly skilled workforce, and requiring less specialized maintenance.
- Achieving an effective deployment of trustworthyAI technologies within process industries, close the gap betweent AI and automation.
- More autonomous AI applications will be developed endowed with advanced abilities (called self-X) as these proposals for autonomic ocmputing: Self-Configuration, Self-Optimization, Self-Healing and Self-Protection.
- All the technologies developed will be validated in four representative industrial use cases of the process industry (asphalt, steel, aluminium and pharmaceutics).
A showcase portfolio of AI technologies (data sets, AI model and applications):
- trustworthy integrated into an innovatve open source toolset abaulable for industry and research.
- autonomous with self-improving and self-adaptation capabilities to the actual profile of the worker, minimizing human involvement in the AI application development loop.
- integrated in 4 actual proces indutries value chains.
Project number: 101058715
Total Budget: 5,986,540€
Duration: 01/05/2022 – 30/04/2025
Director Area Industry 4.0
4.0 Industry projects:
PREDICTIVOdB seeks to develop an innovative solution for the maintenance of wind farms that is quick to implement and has low energy and economic requirements.
INTELIFER consists of the optimisation of the process and products of a granulated NPK fertiliser manufacturing line with the support of Artificial Intelligence.
PhotonHub Europe is the unique european Hub (DIH) in photonic that integrates the best technologies, facilities and knowledge in photonics as well as the experience of 53 partners of all Europe. The result is the creation of a unique window that offers a huge variety of support resources for industry to accelerate the integration of photonic in its products and processes.
AI REGIO project aims at supporting AI-driven Digital Transformation of European Manufacturing SMEs, by up-scaling and coordinating different regional smart specialization strategies, by integrating DMPs and DIHs.
Transforming Transport project demonstrated, in a realistic, measurable an replicable wway the transformations that Big Data can bring to the mobility and logistics market. TT adress 13 pilots in 7 domains.
AI4EU project aims to make available to users resources based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) that facilitate scientific research and innovation.
Lashare conducted 28 Laser-based Equipment Assessments (LEA-Laser-based Equipment Assessments) addressing a broad range of laser applications.
Smart Factory project has addressed industrial research and technological validation of advanced data and information management systems for manufacturing industries in Castilla y León.
DISRUPTIVE is a cross-border cooperation project which strives to promote and strengthen the collaboration, exchange and scientific production of the Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) located in Castilla y León and in the North of Portugal.
SIMAFE project, whose objective is the development of a training and training platform for railway maintenance personnel, based on advanced HMI techniques, electronic training…
The 3DCONS Project (New Construction Processes by means of 3D Printing) focuses on 3D printing technologies in the construction industry and covers several areas: robotics, the search for new materials, process automation, the technological drive of building and the development of design tools based on Building Information Modelling (BIM).
The SHERIFF Project (Hybrid and Economic System of Flexible Integral Facade Rehabilitation) new tools for the energy rehabilitation of buildings.
The CIBIC project arises with the objective of improving the services provided by the companies of conservation of infrastructures, based on the application of new technologies to carry out the concept of intelligent systems that will help to improve the quality and the innovation of these services.