The PCDDs/PCDFs emissions have attracted public concerns worldwide due to their environmental toxicities and adverse health effects.
Traditionally, PCDDs/PCDFs levels are analysed by HRGC/HRMS. However, this method is time-consuming, expensive and complex.
The technique developed in the LIFE DIOXDETECTOR project for the quantification of PCDDs/PCDFs will represent a revolution against traditional techniques of PCDDs/PCDFs detection, due to its multiple innovative aspects such as, the reduction of sampling and analysis time, and the reduction of analysis costs, among others.
LIFE DIOXDETECTOR is an European project co-financed by the LIFE programme of the European Union.
- The application of a new analytical technique for quantification of PCDDs/PCDFs, in air, soil and vegetal biota in the surroundings of a municipal solid waste incineration facility.
- Fast and accurate measurements in a very short time, opening the door in the future to mobile equipment that can perform real-time measurements in situ.
- Evaluation of the dispersion and deposition of these pollutants in the environment.
- Set up the technique and optimization of the detection method.
- Modelisation of the PCDDs/PCDFs dispersion. Identification of the sampling points.
- Protocol for the pretreatment of the collected samples.
- Sampling protocol.
- Sample analysis with the “DioxDetector” technology.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the technique used.
- Study of the temporal evolution of PCDDs/PCDFs in different media. Impact study.
- Improvements in the analytical equipment: concentrations up to 10fg/100ml of air; to separate different PCDDs/PCDFs congeners, etc.Improvements in the analytical equipment: concentrations up to 10fg/100ml of air; to separate different PCDDs/PCDFs congeners, etc.
- Specific data on the evolution of the PCDDs/PCDFs concentration from its emission to its deposition in different media. Impact and scope.
- Fast and accurate measurements in a short time. More sensitive than traditional.
- Lower operating costs of the equipment. 50% approx. compared to traditional methods.
Video presentation of the project:
Natural resources projects:
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
The project seeks competitive positioning of regional companies in the field of Nature Based Solutions (NBS).
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
POCTEP ESMIMET generates a network of scientific-technical knowledge and R & D & I around the development of metal mining capabilities that allow the development of regional and joint activities, projects and initiatives of high added value in different areas of I + D + i.
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The FERTINOVO project develop intelligent fertilizers through the valorization of by-products derived from the poultry multiplication activity of the laying sector.
The LIFE BATTLE CO2 Project has developed an innovative process, in which the use of biomass as an alternative fuel allows a decrease in CO2 emissions and enhances the development of low carbon processes.
The Life-EQUINOX project has developed a new method that allows asphalt roads to “capture” NOx in the atmosphere, thanks to a chemical reaction that uses solar radiation and titanium dioxide.
SHBUIDINGS develops a degradation prevention system that at the same time serves for the complete management of historic buildings, using advances in sensoring, Internet of things (IoT) and cloud computing, providing objective criteria for decision-making on actions to be carried out in the building where that system is deployed.
BIOSELENER develops functional systems for the supply of solid biomass for energy purposes, based on the selective zonal implantation of agroforestry crops.