FIREPOCTEP has as main objective the adaptation to the climate change through the prevention and management of the landscape expossed to huge forestry fires in cross-border rural areas between Spain and Portugal as of:
- Identifying the strategic management areas for minimizong the risk and impact of the forestry fires throguhout the agroforestal and grazing management of the landscap in an scenary of climate and global change.
- Promote the public and private investment throughout the pilot experiences in a Green Economy framework.
- Investigate new market niches.
- Educate fix and ocasional rural population about the risk of forestry fires, the good preventive practices and the selfprotection; train and equip the cross-border operative personal. Cross-border collaboration.
- Characterize and identify the strategic management areas needed for minimizong the risk of forestry fires in the pilot areas proposed. In each strategic area it will be proposed a experimental plan of integral preventive management. A plan that will include the promotion of agroforestal and grazing and forest biomass use as an applied source of employment. These proposals must imply local agents, as well as residents and companies to settle down the bases of the development of a green circular economy.
- Promote the private and public investment through the pilot experiences in the green circular economy framework and investigation of new market niches linked to the sustainable forestry management and the intelligent management of forestry and agrary resources.
- Educate the fix and ocasional rural population about the risk of forestry fires, the good preventive practices and the selfprotection to fires. Train and equip the cross-border operative personal to provide, among others. standarization procedures and post-covid 19 security. Collaboration protocols and joint interventions will be elaborate between operatives of adjoining territories for the improvement of detection system and early alerts, as well as the efficiency and security of the extinguish actions of la Raya.
- Analysis of the climate change impact on fire risk.
- Good governance in common management systems along the line, including selfprotection resource endowment and promotion of green employment in rural spaces.
- Training and accelerathon to boost capacity building.
- Capitalization of results based on previous experiences and project sustainability.
- Coordination and management.
- Analysis of the climate change impact and his effects on the Raya.
- Determination of the strategic management areas in the pilot places.
- Generation of strategic management areas mapping at landscape scale.
- Development of strategic management areas projects.
- Integral preventive planification proposal in the Raya.
- Promotion of the sustainable employment that allows the social inclsuion of the rural population.
- Critical analysis of similar projects in the POCTEP territory.
- Meeting point for the development open innovative activities.
- Collaboration protocol in cross-border adjoining interventions.
- Training and material supply plan for the cross-border operative.
- Training, awarenees and education plan in selfprotecrion to residents.
Total Budget: 5,632,280.05€
CARTIF contribution: 296,100€
Duration: 01/07/2020 – 31/12/2022
Division of Agrifood and Processes
Natural resources projects:
Agricultural side streams-olives, wine, chicory and onions- are rich in bioactive compounds (BAC) and have antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties. Their full potential has yet to be realised, due to a lack of technologies that preserve the complexity and functionality of these BAC.
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
The project seeks competitive positioning of regional companies in the field of Nature Based Solutions (NBS).
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
POCTEP ESMIMET generates a network of scientific-technical knowledge and R & D & I around the development of metal mining capabilities that allow the development of regional and joint activities, projects and initiatives of high added value in different areas of I + D + i.
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The FERTINOVO project develop intelligent fertilizers through the valorization of by-products derived from the poultry multiplication activity of the laying sector.
The LIFE BATTLE CO2 Project has developed an innovative process, in which the use of biomass as an alternative fuel allows a decrease in CO2 emissions and enhances the development of low carbon processes.
The Life-EQUINOX project has developed a new method that allows asphalt roads to “capture” NOx in the atmosphere, thanks to a chemical reaction that uses solar radiation and titanium dioxide.
The technique developed in the LIFE DIOXDETECTOR project for the quantification of PCDDs / PCDFs will represent a revolution compared to other traditional techniques, due to multiple innovative aspects such as the reduction of both sampling and analysis times and the reduction of the costs of analysis, among others.
SHBUIDINGS develops a degradation prevention system that at the same time serves for the complete management of historic buildings, using advances in sensoring, Internet of things (IoT) and cloud computing, providing objective criteria for decision-making on actions to be carried out in the building where that system is deployed.
BIOSELENER develops functional systems for the supply of solid biomass for energy purposes, based on the selective zonal implantation of agroforestry crops.