Noise and Emissions Monitoring and radical mitigation.
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles. The new measurement systems, together with the implementation of new mitigation solutions, form a global and scalable solution to improve air quality and reduce noise impact in EU cities.
By the envisaged standardization, the systems will represent an instrument for enforcement against high-emitters in Low-Emission Zones and other sensitive areas.
- Create a totally new autonomous Remote Sensing technology to accurately and cost-effective identify transgressing noisy and high emitter vehicles in near real-time.
- Integrate these sensors in the existing infrastructures (different mounting and deployment possibilities) including tolls.
- Create an IT & software and communication infrastructure (I2I – I2V) based on remote sensing data.
- Measurement of more regulated and relevant traffic pollutants and noise.
- Enable different infrastructure integration options.
- Separating signals and spectra to identify individual noise sources, to identify noise origin in a traffic stream.
- Development of communication protocols between existing systems and vehicles.
- NEMO’s solution will allow to control vehicles driving in a city, thanks to the RS network.
- Identify noisy and high emitter vehicles and possible invitation to appropriate PTI revision.
- Thanks to the developed sensors and software tools it will be possible to better calculate externalities and consequent charging methods.
- The combination of novel methodologies with the mitigation materials developed will bring to a reduction of at least 30% in emissions and 20% in noise in targeted zones.
Environment & climate projects:
WalNUT addresses the current gaps in nutrient cycles of differnt European waste water treatmetn systems and their related environmental problems through the application of comprehensive and innovative nutrient recovery systems, by interlinking three fundamental main drivers.
Agricultural side streams-olives, wine, chicory and onions- are rich in bioactive compounds (BAC) and have antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties. Their full potential has yet to be realised, due to a lack of technologies that preserve the complexity and functionality of these BAC.
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
The project seeks competitive positioning of regional companies in the field of Nature Based Solutions (NBS).
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
POCTEP ESMIMET generates a network of scientific-technical knowledge and R & D & I around the development of metal mining capabilities that allow the development of regional and joint activities, projects and initiatives of high added value in different areas of I + D + i.
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The FERTINOVO project develop intelligent fertilizers through the valorization of by-products derived from the poultry multiplication activity of the laying sector.
The LIFE BATTLE CO2 Project has developed an innovative process, in which the use of biomass as an alternative fuel allows a decrease in CO2 emissions and enhances the development of low carbon processes.
The Life-EQUINOX project has developed a new method that allows asphalt roads to “capture” NOx in the atmosphere, thanks to a chemical reaction that uses solar radiation and titanium dioxide.
The technique developed in the LIFE DIOXDETECTOR project for the quantification of PCDDs / PCDFs will represent a revolution compared to other traditional techniques, due to multiple innovative aspects such as the reduction of both sampling and analysis times and the reduction of the costs of analysis, among others.
SHBUIDINGS develops a degradation prevention system that at the same time serves for the complete management of historic buildings, using advances in sensoring, Internet of things (IoT) and cloud computing, providing objective criteria for decision-making on actions to be carried out in the building where that system is deployed.
BIOSELENER develops functional systems for the supply of solid biomass for energy purposes, based on the selective zonal implantation of agroforestry crops.