Scientific studies show that 10% of the vehicles with the highest emissions are responsible for 80% of the pollution generated by road traffic. Europe therefore needs to identify these large emitters on a large scale in order to be able to control and, secondly, reduce air pollution.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction All this will be achieved through the use of a new remote sensing device adapted to the current EU requirements: the RSD +.
- Implementation of a new sustainable mobility policy with the following objectives:
- Control and quantify emissions due to traffic.
- Create a global emissions management system.
- Development of a new device based on remote measurement technology, the RSD+, capable of measuring real traffic emissions in fixed locations according to EU standards, non-intrusively, with high precision and large scale.
- Demonstration of system replicability.
- RSD+ development.
- Creation of two emission management models depending on the type of end user: general model, fleet model.
- Sustainable mobility policy based on a legal framework to identify High Emitter vehicles and reduce traffic emissions.
- Develop a new RSD+ prototype that meets EU standards, small and versatile, installable in fixed locations, with an uncertainty of less than 15% for all emissions: NO, CO, HC, PM, and NO2.
- Replicable model, with two different approaches: public model to control urban traffic emissions in general, and a private fleet model for the control and regulation of traffic emissions from a vehicle fleet.
Video presentation of the project:
Natural resources projects:
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
The project seeks competitive positioning of regional companies in the field of Nature Based Solutions (NBS).
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
POCTEP ESMIMET generates a network of scientific-technical knowledge and R & D & I around the development of metal mining capabilities that allow the development of regional and joint activities, projects and initiatives of high added value in different areas of I + D + i.
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The FERTINOVO project develop intelligent fertilizers through the valorization of by-products derived from the poultry multiplication activity of the laying sector.
The LIFE BATTLE CO2 Project has developed an innovative process, in which the use of biomass as an alternative fuel allows a decrease in CO2 emissions and enhances the development of low carbon processes.
The Life-EQUINOX project has developed a new method that allows asphalt roads to “capture” NOx in the atmosphere, thanks to a chemical reaction that uses solar radiation and titanium dioxide.
The technique developed in the LIFE DIOXDETECTOR project for the quantification of PCDDs / PCDFs will represent a revolution compared to other traditional techniques, due to multiple innovative aspects such as the reduction of both sampling and analysis times and the reduction of the costs of analysis, among others.
SHBUIDINGS develops a degradation prevention system that at the same time serves for the complete management of historic buildings, using advances in sensoring, Internet of things (IoT) and cloud computing, providing objective criteria for decision-making on actions to be carried out in the building where that system is deployed.
BIOSELENER develops functional systems for the supply of solid biomass for energy purposes, based on the selective zonal implantation of agroforestry crops.