The main objective of the project is to generate a network of scientific-technological and R&D knowledge about the development of metal mining capacities in the borders of the three participating regions (North, Central Portugal and Castilla y León). This will allow the development of regional and joint activities from projects and initiatives of high added value in different R&D subjects.
- Study and valuation of 100% current and future mining potential in the territory under consideration.
- Generation of a network of advanced exploration, exploitation, processing and materials science technologies involving 90% of the regional actors working on strategic and strategic metal mining.
- Development of at least 4 specific environmental and energy technology activities.
- Study of the present and future potential of the metallic mining.
- Network configuration in metal mining technologies.
- Development of R&D&I activities related to exploitation and processing techniques.
- Development of R & D & I activities related to environmental and energy technologies.
- Management and coordination.
- Identification of 100% of current and future mining potential.
- Forming a network.
- Identification of 100% of the exploitation and processing techniques used in metallic mining.
- Reduction in 50% of the environmental impact.
- Substitution of 80% of energy sources of fossil origin by renewable sources.
- Development of at least 50 scientific-technical documents.
Natural resources projects:
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The FERTINOVO project develop intelligent fertilizers through the valorization of by-products derived from the poultry multiplication activity of the laying sector.
The LIFE BATTLE CO2 Project has developed an innovative process, in which the use of biomass as an alternative fuel allows a decrease in CO2 emissions and enhances the development of low carbon processes.
The Life-EQUINOX project has developed a new method that allows asphalt roads to “capture” NOx in the atmosphere, thanks to a chemical reaction that uses solar radiation and titanium dioxide.
The technique developed in the LIFE DIOXDETECTOR project for the quantification of PCDDs / PCDFs will represent a revolution compared to other traditional techniques, due to multiple innovative aspects such as the reduction of both sampling and analysis times and the reduction of the costs of analysis, among others.
SHBUIDINGS develops a degradation prevention system that at the same time serves for the complete management of historic buildings, using advances in sensoring, Internet of things (IoT) and cloud computing, providing objective criteria for decision-making on actions to be carried out in the building where that system is deployed.
BIOSELENER develops functional systems for the supply of solid biomass for energy purposes, based on the selective zonal implantation of agroforestry crops.